I don’t know how it took me 22 years to realize that, sadly, Monday’s are the most important day of the week for me. I’ve learned that if I start off with a productive and good Monday, then the rest of my week will follow. But, if I have a lazy Monday then the rest of my week is basically destined for pajamas before 7 PM… Now I know that sounds like I have no self-discipline to help me make up for a bad Monday and well, yeah you’re right… but I also hardly have enough self-discipline to be considered an adult, as seen by the amount of candy I eat, so I’m gonna look past that for the time being. With that being said, it’s a lot easier for me to just make sure I have a productive Monday than to try and work on my bigger problems LOLZ. So, if this is reminding anyone of themselves then I thought I’d share the 5 things I make sure to do every Monday, and maybe you can be inspired to make your own!
- Update My Planner – I know a lot of people do this on Sunday’s, but lets be honest Sundays are my laziest days of the week and really should just be reserved for donuts & pajamas if you ask me. Which means when Monday rolls around I like to see what I have to look forward to, or dread, throughout the rest of my week.
- Workout – Don’t ask me why, but when I do Orange Theory on Monday’s I am 10000% times more likely to go to the gym & get my other OT sessions in the rest of the week. Which basically means every Monday I spend the day convincing myself that I have to go and I hate to be the annoying person who says this, but I never regret it.
- Face Mask – I love taking care of my hair and skin, but I am a woman of habit, therefore, I’m horrible at remembering to do face masks because it’s not in my normal routine. SO, I always make sure to put them on my Monday to-do list and for whatever reason that keeps me excited to try other ones throughout the week. I also try to buy different ones every time because it’s the little things in life…
- Practice Swedish – For some odd reason, I don’t think this will be practical in anyone else’s life but it can easily be substituted with any other language, studying for the GRE or LSAT, or just studying for future tests in general/doing homework. I typically practice Swedish every night but making sure I do it on Monday is key to following through the rest of the week.
- Read or Start a New Book – I love reading, it’s one of my favorite hobbies and it’s one of my favorite ways to unwind and just de-stress. I am trying to get more in the habit of doing that before bed instead of watching tv so that’s my move on Monday nights!! I especially love starting/buying a new book on Mondays because then I get super excited to get into it. This can also be easily substituted for anything whether that be drawing, cooking, baking, going on a walk, etc. (Side note: I’ve been thinking about posting more about the books I read so please let me know if that’s something you guys would like).
Again, I literally have no explanation as to why I think productive Mondays are so beneficial to me, maybe it’s just a mind game. But honestly, why even question it… Also yes I am enjoying the irony that is me writing this post on a Monday where all I’ve done is lay in bed, sick.