As many of you know, on a normal day I wear no make-up. This means that when I do decide to put some on it’s because I have a formal event to dress up for, but lately I have been trying to dress up more often and just do a quick natural look. So I decided to let you guys in on the 5 products that are helping me perfect this look.
Before I get started on that I wanted to talk about Ipsy because that is how I’ve learned about most of my products now. A few months ago I signed up for Ipsy’s Glam Bag, where each month you pay $10 and get at least 5 products. You fill out a quiz so they send you products that match your preferences and each month you review the products in your bag to get points. These points can then be used for additional items in future bags. If you’re interested you can join here.
- Glossier Skin Tint – While in LA we went and visited the Glossier store and I had never heard of their Skin Tint, but Neka told me that she heard it was amazing! HOLY COW, I am forever grateful because I will probably never use anything else on my skin. It is super thin and light coverage and seems to be the perfect medium between no makeup and color correcting. I seriously recommend this to anyone who has relatively good skin and likes really light natural coverage. I swear you wouldn’t know I had makeup on if that’s all I was wearing. Buy Here.
- Glamour Dolls Mascara – I have always struggled with mascara because I don’t have the best lashes, and more importantly because I hate trying to take it off. This glamour doll mascara was literally heaven sent (actually Ipsy sent). Most importantly, it doesn’t clump my eyelashes at all and it makes them so long and perfect. But also, it washes off super easily & doesn’t stick to your skin/under your eyes!!!! Buy Here.
- Glossier Boy Brow – I also got this while we were in LA and it’s the first time I’ve been into filing in my eyebrows. Every other product I’ve tried has just looked too obvious. I got boy brow in black and I love that I can use it very lightly and still notice a difference or I can apply a normal amount and it still looks really natural. This has been especially nice since some lady butchered my eyebrows this summer and I have been trying to grow them back out ever since. Buy Here.
- Clinique Stay-Matte Blotting Powder – I got this as a free sample and at first, I had no idea what it even did, but luckily I didn’t just throw it away like I normally do… I actually looked it up and now I’m obsessed!!! You put it on any areas that usually get oily throughout the day and it helps prevent that from happening. So I tend to put it on the middle of my forehead & my cheeks closest to my nose and voilà your skin can stay glowy without looking too oily! Buy Here.
- Blush/Bronzer/Highlight – I’m not going to go too much into this because I don’t have a specific preference on what I use. Depending on the day I use different things, but this really helps add color to anyone’s face & that’s always a good thing. I’ll link some of the products I’ve been using recently.
- Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hr (color Idol) or their Blush Palette Bling It On
- Bronzer: Hanalei Matte Bronzer (side note: this is paraben & cruelty free)
- Highlight: Luna by Luna (color: White Sand)
LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! With Christmas coming up I guess I’m feeling a little festive. I’m going to do my first giveaway of Ipsy’s Tarte & Ofra Cheeky Duo (see cover picture for items). To be entered to win all you have to do is follow/subscribe to my blog & I’ll announce the winner on Christmas Dec 25th!